The Red brand of smoke alarms are a high quality smoke alarm which can be paired with other Red brand smoke alarms (including the hardwired model).
- Fully compliant to Australian Standard AS 3786:2014
- 10 year warranty
- 60 day money back guarantee
- Interconnectable with 20 other Red brand smoke alarms (including Red hardwired alarms)
- Free shipping Australia wide
- Trusted QLD family business
- Model No: R10RF
Download R10RF instruction manual (including pairing instructions)
Download R10RF Datasheet
Law in Queensland says that wireless interconnected photoelectric smoke alarms must be installed on each level:
- In every bedroom; and,
- In hallways which connect bedrooms and the rest of the dwelling; or
- If there is no hallway, between the bedrooms and other parts of the storey; and
- If there are no bedrooms on a storey at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling.
The legislation also states;
Where practicable smoke alarms must be placed on the ceiling. Smoke alarms must not be placed:
- Within 300mm of a corner of a ceiling and a wall,
- Within 300mm of a light fitting,
- Within 400mm of an air-conditioning vent,
- Within 400mm of the blades of a ceiling fan.
There are special requirements for sloping ceilings, stairways, and ceilings with exposed beams. Specific requirements are further explained in the Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008.
If it is not practical for the prescribed location requirements to be met (e.g. may be affected by fumes from cooking or hot steam from a bathroom), the owner may put the alarm at another location that will still provide a warning to occupants of the building.
The floorplan below is produced by the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) and shows recommended smoke alarm locations within a building.